- About IFCA
- Galaxies and AGNs
- Observational Cosmology and Instrumentation
- High Energy Physics and Instrumentation
- Advanced Computing and e-Science
- Dynamics and Fluctuations in nonlinear systems
- Meteorology and Climate Change
- Technology Transfer
- Infraestructuras y Equipamiento
- Education and outreach
- Seminars and Workshops
- Job Vacancies
Dynamics and fluctuations in nonlinear systems
We investigate nonlinear and stochastic phenomena in physical systems. Our approach is both theoretical/computational and experimental. Topics of our research include high-dimensional chaos, and effects of noise and fluctuations in physical systems. We are specially interested in generic properties of dynamical systems where the (nonlinear) interaction between many degrees of freedom leads to complex collective behaviour. Our experimental research is focused on nonlinear effects in semiconductor lasers.
Our research is organized in two lines of research:
- Nonequilibrium statistical physics and chaos: Nonlinear transport in many-body systems, instabilities and chaos in extended systems, surface growth, critical phenomena, and disordered systems.
- Photonics: Nonlinear behaviour of vertical-cavity surface-emitting semiconductor lasers (VCSELs), in particular when subject to optical injection or optical feedback. Our aim is to perform experimental and theoretical studies for applications in optical communication systems.